Urban Harvest offers a unique service whereby we use the latest in ecological design and permaculture principles to design, set-up and maintain your edible garden for you.
Your food, eaten within minutes of harvest, will be chemical-free,packaging-free, locally produced and will have the highest nutritional value!
By offering an ongoing service, we train you through the seasons in natural farming techniques and are able to establish a healthy, sustainable food production system which is perfectly suited to your environment and needs.
For a free consultation contact Ben:
Cell: 072 474 2977 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ben Getz – Managing Director and Founder of Urban Harvest Edible Gardens
I have drawn great inspiration and joy from plants from an early age. I clearly remember the passion with which my grandmother introduced me to violets, honeysuckles, figs, the silver tree and many more. Urban Harvest is the expression of my love for this earth and the understanding that we are each responsible for its wellbeing, just as it is responsible for ours. I believe that by working with nature to create an abundance of healthy, organic and locally grown food in our urban environment we can reawaken a deeper reverence for the earth and practically reestablish a healthier balance in our lives and our lifestyles.
Urban Harvest – Vision
- To reawaken a culture of self-sufficiency and sustainability, balanced with community spirit
- To enable urban, private residents and communities to eat, and eventually grow their own, organic food at home.
- To nourish our clients on every level with a diversity of the freshest, tastiest, chemical-free, and packaging-free fruits and vegetables.
- To help our clients reestablish a reconnection with, and reverence for The Earth and to facilitate some practical steps toward a more sustainable lifestyle.
- To provide a unique and outstanding natural farming training program to our clients by supporting them hand in hand throughout the seasons until they, and their system is ready for self-sustainability.
- To inspire and enable a broad-scale shift towards REAL ‘food security networks’ in the urban environment.
- To provide training and create employment, thus working towards poverty alleviation
Urban Harvest – Ethics & Practice:
- Urban Harvest pays its employees above average salaries
- Urban Harvest Uses Permaculture and Natural Farming Principles and works with nature, promoting biodiversity.
- Urban Harvest nurtures all its seedlings with organically produced earthworm-compost and tea.
- Urban Harvest uses no-chemicals
- Wherever possibe Urban Harvest reuses ‘waste materials’ in the design and construction of its gardens. This keeps costs to clients down and reduces waste entering landfills.
- Urban harvest saves paper by emailing invoices and other communication to clients and when necessary, uses only recycled paper